Protein French Toast
One of the biggest misconceptions about eating healthy is that you can’t enjoy some of the finer things in life…like french toast!
But when you live the Flexible Dieting lifestyle, a lot more is possible then one might think. You just have to get a little creative!
Below is my latest high protein french toast recipe that has helped get my through my Bikini Prep 2019 – and it only takes about 10 minutes!
– Nutrithority protein powder
– Egg whites
– Vanilla extract
– Sara Lee 45 calorie 100% whole wheat bread
– Peanut butter (optional)
– Sugar free syrup
1. Turn your stove top on medium heat prior to preparing the batter
2. Measure out 16g Nutrithority protein powder (1/2) serving. You can use any flavor, but my favs for this recipe is either the Cinnamon Roll or Chocolate Caramel Pecan Latte
3. Add in 6 tbsp egg whites
4. Add 1 cap full of vanilla extract (roughly 1 tsp)
5. Sprinkle as much cinnamon as you’d like (the more the better IMO)
6. Mix ingredients together and then place 2 slices of the bread in the dish. Make sure they are completely soaked on both sides, leaving hardly any of the batter remaining (you can even prepare this the night before that way it’s had the chance to really soak it all up).
7. Place the bread in the stove top pan, and then pour the remaining batter on top of the bread.
8. Cook on medium heat for roughly 2 min on each side.
9. Toppings: if this is a meal not around a workout, I’ll add 16g peanut butter on top (8g on each slice). If this is a meal before or after a workout, I’ll skip the peanut butter since I prefer lower fat meals around my workouts. I always use my sugar free pancake syrup in either scenario (1 tbsp).
(without the peanut butter) =
5 fiber & 3 sugar
(with the peanut butter) =
6 fiber & 4 sugar
If you’ve got more carbs to work with, get creative and add things like fruit, chocolate and/or cinnamon chips and whipped cream!
Also Check Out:
High Protein Chili
Grilled Turkey & Cheese Sandwich
Meal Prepping 101